Random Select
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself!

+22
wil
MetalxHealthx
Gid3on
shin
darbish
andtheafterglow
Osuna
kukukachu
Kiwi Kamikaze
PiggyNukka
Griffion
keitorin
Fullmetalross
Daruma
kyletothejones
kalit
BigPenguin
MetalShogun
Sideshowxela
Shadic
HellSap
keeponvibrating
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself!

Post  keeponvibrating Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am

Whatup people. You should use this thread to make your fabulous introductions. I suppose I should start.

I'm Thomas, the president of the club. I handle a lot of the bureaucracy and whatnot of the organization. I don't know what else to put... A few of my favorite games are Killer 7, Godhand, and Vampire Savior.
keeponvibrating
keeponvibrating
Admin

https://randomselect.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself!

Post  HellSap Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:14 am

Sup.
I'm Mark, senior member and VP. I handle very little since I am a slacker and Thomas is a go getter. I've taken the reigns as more of a social networking person.
I play Guilty Gear as my main game at the club, but love a ton of other games like Team Fortress 2. Some of my favorite games are Star Control 2, Day of the Tentacle / Monkey Island 2 / Full Throttle, as well as a ton of RPGs...

I'll try to help anyone who asks for help and any knowledge of the game, so feel free to ask up.
GL HF.
HellSap
HellSap

http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadic Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:08 am

I'm Andy. I play a lot of Smash Bros, and I've been recently distracted with Oblivion.. Pretty badly.
Shadic
Shadic

http://shadic.fleepa.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sideshowxela Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 am

I'm Alex Olguin, I play a lot of big name titles but the only games I've continued to play competitively once everyone else moved on would be SSB:M and CS 1.6. If my computer were younger than four years old or if the 360's thumbsticks didn't so severely impair my headshotting ability, I would be playing a lot of Left4Dead, too.

My steam profile page is http://steamcommunity.com/id/sideshowxela
My Live ID is Sideshowxela
I don't have a Friends code because A) It's a shitty multiplayer model in the first place and B) I sold my Wii after realizing a disappointing SSB:B left me with only shovelware to look forward to. How 'bout them apples, Miyamoto?

Sideshowxela

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalShogun Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

I am also Andy. Andy Barlow. I'm 20 years old, a psych/math major, and I play a lot of video games. Recently, a lot of Civ 4 and Fallout 3. I used to be the bomb at SSbM, but now I'm just okay. I kick major butt in Soul Calibur II, I love TF2, CS:S, and DotA. I'm also a huge fan of survival horror games and some RPGs. I am also all about video game music.
MetalShogun
MetalShogun

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty hi

Post  BigPenguin Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Hey I'm Erik I do random stuff for the club. I love all types of games but rarely have time to play any, still I sneak in a few hours here and there. I just finished mirror's edge and I'm trying to find time to play Persona 4. Oh man, i nearly forgot... I also have this back log of games

Trauma Center 2
Prof. Layton
Psychonauts
Zak and Wiki
Unlocking crap in Mario Kart Wii
Unlocking crap in Ssmb
the list goes on.
BigPenguin
BigPenguin

Back to top Go down

Post  kalit Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:19 pm

My name is Jake Nath. My favorite games are Deus Ex, Thief series, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Perfect Dark, and Soldier of Fortune 2. I'm mostly into pc gaming, however been playing more console lately due to a crappy computer. Games I have been playing lately are TF 2, Left 4 Dead, Goldeneye Source (hopefully beta 3 comes out soon), Dark Messiah, and Jedi Knight.

kalit

Back to top Go down

Post  kyletothejones Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Hey caballeros! I am Kyle, former president of the - to my knowledge - now defunct Clackamas Computer Club. We ran lans and all that. Hamachi noon lives on, however, with wc3 mods being played and occasional bouts of tf2/l4d. Lately I've been playing Contra 4 (THE RAPE MACHINE) on top of the usual pickup games of dota/island d. I haven't been gaming much though, been sorta busy.

Anyhow, steamid is yougoboom. Hit me up if you are interested in joining in on our sunday noon games of dota/defense mods and other things.
kyletothejones
kyletothejones

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadic Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:54 am

To all that play Smash:

I don't think I've managed to run into many of you at the club meeting, or something. Thomas is pretty much the only decent person that I see at the club whenever I go, although sometimes there will be another person or two...
Shadic
Shadic

http://shadic.fleepa.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Daruma Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 am

Hello all,

I'm Adrian, I'm a Studio painting/Japanese major and I generally don't do much at the club except kind of chill out and help wrap things up. I don't really have any specific genre that I play, Though by myself I'll probably be playing an RPG or something. Playing Mother 3, Tales of Hearts, and Chrono Trigger DS at the moment. Trying really, really hard not to buy Persona 4 because 3 pretty much annihilated huge amounts of my life.

Daruma

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalShogun Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 am

Shadic wrote:To all that play Smash:

I don't think I've managed to run into many of you at the club meeting, or something. Thomas is pretty much the only decent person that I see at the club whenever I go, although sometimes there will be another person or two...

brawl or melee? I'm assuming brawl, but on the off chance that there is some retro action going on, I'll be there.
MetalShogun
MetalShogun

Back to top Go down

Post  Fullmetalross Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:51 am

Ross

Im usually the mean guy. haha. I don't like most people so I come off very surly!

Plays : things that are competitive and the occasional single player game.
Fullmetalross
Fullmetalross

Back to top Go down

Post  keitorin Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 am

Hey guys! I'm Caitlin (Brown... though I am probably the only Caitlin associated with RS). Some of you probably don't know me since I am not, well, in the country for this school year, but I hung around a lot last year and hope to keep doing so when I come back for '09-'10.

Hrmmm not quite sure what else to say, but I guess the game I liked playing the most last year was Rock Band. I miss it!

keitorin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sideshowxela Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 am

MetalShogun wrote:
Shadic wrote:To all that play Smash:

brawl or melee? I'm assuming brawl, but on the off chance that there is some retro action going on, I'll be there.

I'll be there tomorrow*, and I'll bring Melee.

*EDIT: For the first couple hours. I've got work from 5-9 Sad

Last edited by Sideshowxela on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sideshowxela

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffion Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:23 am

Hi T.J. here...

I've been coming to RS since Spring of last year...

Even though I graduated PSU with a B.S. in History in December I'm planning on still attending RS till I leave for my M.A. in June Smile

Anyways in terms of Gaming tastes, I enjoy a wide variety of genres... However my background is most associated with RPGs, RTSes, and Fighters.
Griffion
Griffion

Back to top Go down

Post  PiggyNukka Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm Nikki. I'm a freshman and the Art Institute of Portland and have only gone to two of the Random Selects.
I like rhythm games a lot, DDR, Pop'n, IIDX, Dancemaniax and the such. I'm pretty good at them. I also like fighting games like Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, and Darkstalkers and am terrible at them.

In my spare time I take part in other hobbies and sleep.
PiggyNukka
PiggyNukka

Back to top Go down

Post  kyletothejones Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 am

PiggyNukka wrote: ...and sleep.

With me! Har har har har har har...

I am the only one who will laugh at this.
kyletothejones
kyletothejones

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwi Kamikaze Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 am

The name's Sawpea. That's Sah-Pee-Ah. Sawps is my gansta name, and Pawsea is my... posse name or something like that. I'm not much of a gamer, more of a game enthusiast since I had to watch my 3 older brothers play games all the time. I also like drawing a lot so prepare to see lots of ... stuff drawn by me! :3
Kiwi Kamikaze
Kiwi Kamikaze

Back to top Go down

Post  kukukachu Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 am

Hi, I'm Michelle. I, uh, really don't play video games much but I'm at the club every week.
I draw more than anything, so I'll probably just contribute to the weekly drawing threads and such.
kukukachu
kukukachu

http://kubits.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Osuna Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:06 am

Steve O. is what Mark and Alex call me now. I used to come pretty often, but for the last year my travel ability disintegrated. However since I'm so small and sickly, I qualified for trimet lift recently and plan on being a regular again.

I love guilty gear. I like other fighting games, but I love guilty gear. I'm also quite bad at other fighting games. I normally relax with fighting games and rpgs since numbers and familiar movements are still recognizable when higher thoughts aren't working.

I'm in Battle Ground washington, and was very sadly contenting myself with teaching guilty gear to the guys at my college until last week when I bussed in an hour and a half early for the weekly.

Last edited by Osuna on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spelled "for" as "from".)

Osuna

Back to top Go down

Post  andtheafterglow Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Hey... My name is Jen, I'm 25 (old, I know) and in my first term at PSU. Heard about Random Select via a flyer at school. I'm an International Relations and English double major. I've been gaming since I was about three, and never stopped. Smile Chrono Trigger is my all-time favourite, although I've been seriously addicted to WoW for a few years. Love DotA but I'm terrible at it. RPGs are usually more my style but I'll play just about anything. Latest game to pull me in is Fallout 3.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone next week! Smile
andtheafterglow
andtheafterglow

Back to top Go down

Post  darbish Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm

oh god how did i get here im not good with computer
darbish
darbish

http://www.bisonopolis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  keeponvibrating Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 am

That's Daniel, but you can call him handsome guy.

@andtheafterglow

Did you stop by today? I do not remember seeing you. Granted I am not there the whole time.
keeponvibrating
keeponvibrating
Admin

https://randomselect.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself! Empty enter shin

Post  shin Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Sups!

I'm shin but you can all me "Marc" IRL if it makes you feel wierd, or "shin Marc" lol at Alex.

I play anything you got, bring it on!

I started a life of gaming geekdom officially in 1999, I'm 28 as of last Tuesday btw, but I just stopped aging years ago because I'm immortal, though I've still aquried tons of exp.

Anyway, I'm started playing 3rd Strike in 1999, went back and played Alpha, grew up on SF2, Killer Instinct, primal rage and all the fad fighters which is what they were known as then. I used to stomp around on X-band when KI was the most popular SNES game circa 1991 to 1993 when xband was disbanded, haha, omg I'm old.

anyway, was 3Sing and then someone said hey you play this game?, Que "Moment #37"
apparently I had been found the Dao of gaming and didnt even know it. So here I am! A vagabond gamer.

I play any fighting game, no matter how bad if I have competition I play it.
Yeah so bring it on smashers! I'm most known for my Naruto accomplishments in the NGNT series. And at 3rd Strike I can compete with pros and not win, but at least I can compete( like I beat Marn once, Fubarduck I got a round etc). There's just so damn many awesome 3S players out there!
I enjoy shooters next, curtain fire ones. Then comes my obsession with Ninja games, these are the only 1 player games I'll touch, if it it's not ninja, sorry no interest.
Though there is a llst of games I apporove of, Mirror's Edge needs slow falling(clawing at the wall like a maniac literally to save your life while falling), but I guess that would make it too easy, otherwise it's pretty ninja.

Well so I'm leaving out alot of anotatation to keep this as short as I can. I'll come back with footnotes in another post if anyone would like.

Now I'll just list one or two games per genre of the the other gaming genre I've delved into.

FPS Unreal Tournament 2004, UT3
RTS Starcraft, and DOTA Allstars
CCG Magic the Gathering
TTG Gurps( but hey it's all about the DM, who cares what the sytem is. Amirite?)
MMO Ragnarok Online, hey check out Ragnarok 2(just now in open Beta) finally a 3d anime inspired MMO done well.

RPG I was a big fan of the .hack series. GU is kinda meh, but it's still good shit.

anyway, piece out!

Last edited by shin on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I type too fast, thus I rant)
shin
shin

http://www.secret-stage.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gid3on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey, names Dawson
I'm a freshman/transfer student, majoring in art at least for the moment. I've only showed up to RS a couple times this year but I'm gonna try to come down more often from now on.
Competitive games I play are generally FPS' or RTS' though I'm interested in getting into fighting games.
I'm also heavily addicted to RPGs, currently I'm finishing up Persona 3 with Persona 4, Odin Sphere, Disgaea, Xenogears, and the Xenosaga series waiting for me on the ever growing 'games to eventually play' list.
I also play alot of Rock Band, or at least I did up untill my 360 decided to stop reading discs.
Other than that, I play just about any kind of game.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.
Gid3on
Gid3on

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum